MCL have an immediate vacancy for a Night Drilling Supervisor
For our International Oil & Gas Operator
Duration of Contract:
01.05.2018 - 30.09.2018 (possible extensions)
Please apply for this role to discuss further
- Degree qualified University graduate or equivalent in Engineering or Physical Science
- 5-10 years of Well site supervision experience
- Preference to staff with Round II exam
- Shall be in the possession of a valid IWCF certificate at combined surface and sub-sea supervisor level
- Responsible for ensuring that well engineering activities are undertaken according to Company PTW/O policies, Standards and Procedures, in line with all relevant legislation. Supervises and witnesses all safety/operational critical operations, to verify compliance with program objectives and standards
- Responsible for adherence to Management of Change process. Operational problems shall be addressed with the benefit of all available well site knowledge and experience, in conjunction with support from office-based staff.
- All deviations from the programme or its expected outcome shall be recorded in detail.
- The Wells Supv - DSV is accountable for a detailed risk assessment, which shall be made on the rig site, in line with the Hazards and Effect Management Process (HEMP): Identify the hazards, Assess their effects, Control the effect(s) of the hazards, by trying to prevent its occurrence, Recover from the possible occurrence, using contingency measures, to limit the consequences of the hazard, in terms of harm or loss to People, Environment, Assets and Reputation, such that the risks associated with these effects and consequences thereof, are managed to an exposure level which is as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP).
- Responsible for onsite supervision of any immediate action and/or procedures to be implemented when dealing with well control emergencies (real or simulated). Note: The DSV shall be immediately notified in case of a real well control emergency.
- Responsible for supervising the execution of all Well Engineering drilling, completion or work over activities and (concurrent) wireline interventions, under his/her supervision and control, undertaken by Company PTW/O, Drilling Contractors and other contractors/service companies. The NDSV is supervising mainly night operations, with clear authority limits specified by the Company DSV
- Responsible for ensuring that all operations are carried out safely, in an environmentally acceptable manner and cost-effectively, in accordance with the objectives of the well/activity programme, whilst also ensuring that the well delivers maximum value (i.e. produces/injects/performs) as planned
Planning and Organisation:
- Accountable to promoting a performance focused environment whilst embedding key attributes of the One Team philosophy. Leads by example to achieve performance improvement through an enabling environment work ethos and delivery of best in class performance. Plans WE activities on a day-to-day basis to limit or eliminate both invisible lost time (ILT) and non-productive time (NPT), in conjunction with the onshore team
- Responsible for reviewing drilling/completion/work over programmes for future wells prior to the execution phase
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting of contractor service quality on site
- Responsible summarizing operations, learning and best practices into End Of Well Report
- Responsible for HSE Management of Contractors
If this is of interest to you or to anyone you know, please send me your updated CV along with your availability.