MCL have an immediate vacancy for a Senior Cost Manager
As the position will work within the Government Services Division and on the MPS / LFB projects candidates must meet the security requirement of having 3 years up to date and unbroken residency in the UK and pass the Security vetting process.
For our International Government Services Client
Duration of Contract:
Long Term, Staff Role
Please apply for this role to discuss further
Candidates will need to understand bills of quantities and have a background in facilities management operations. Must have the ability mange a small team and communicate effectively with the client on cost / commercial issues. This is a hands-on role and the candidate must have the ability to work with cross-functional teams and deliver results.
Key Purposes of the Role:
To process / report and identify costings and be able verify that costings are correct.
To ensure that the work orders are verified as per the terms of the Supplier contractual agreements.
To manage a team of quantity surveyors (in both Leatherhead and Swindon)
To ensure supplier disputes are resolved expeditiously.
To prepare reports, both regular and adhoc.
To prepare estimates of project works for Client budgetary review and approval
To monitor progress on major projects
To assist with the preparation of budgets and forecasts
· Demonstrates a systematic approach to tasks and measures progress against plans
· Demonstrates experience of managing a team
- Ability to work as part of an integrated team or individually as required
- Effective communicator both verbal and written with ability to produce accurate and timely reports
- Excellent MS Office applications skills
- A track record of identifying the need for additional systems and processes
- Has worked in roles where he/she has had to accept responsibility for data accuracy within own remit and work area and compliance with company and or legal requirements
- Ability to produce weekly / monthly summary reports
- Experience of working in a high volume transaction processing (multiple suppliers
- Experience of working with Maximo / Sharepoint
- Experience of working in a company that provides facilities management services
- Set up and manage systems appropriate for the commercial verification of work orders
- Ensure that the work orders are verified as per the Supplier contract agreements in terms of commercial values, rates, measures / quantities and material costs.
- Liaise with team members, assist in prioritising team work load, and ensure verified work orders are promptly processed.
- Timely communication with the supplier on all disputed work orders
- Liaise with the Supplier, other team members and Client to ensure speedy resolution of supplier work order disputes
- Produce all regular reports in an accurate and timely manner as per the time schedule agreed with the Project Manager and Client
- Produce ad-hoc reports as requested by the Project Manager and Client and within the agreed time frame.
- Assist with production of budgets and forecasts for the project and monitor actual performance vis-à-vis forecasts.
- Report against commercial management deliverables and KPI’s
- Produce estimates of project works for Client budgetary review and approval
- Monitor progress against plan on major projects
- Produce ROC Forward Works Plans
- Review of supply chain quotations/tenders for Minor Works Projects to ensure costs are aligned with contracted rates
- Assist the MPS in the development of scopes and specifications for Minor New Works projects
- Carry out on-site valuations of work done to produce valuation certificates for Minor New Works Projects
- Carry out benchmarking reviews of all supply chain costs to ensure VFM is achieved
- Participate in supplier tender evaluations
- Carry out other ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Communicates clearly to inform and influence others on what they need to know, when they need to know it; uses effective methods to deliver message.
- Works effectively with others and maintains constructive relationships within the team, across the business and externally
- Has sound knowledge of budgets and manages activity to improve commercial performance
- Commits to putting customers first and delivers high quality service that meets or exceeds expectations.
- The commitment to Safety First – Always and the drive for continual improvement in this area.
- Understand company processes and the impact that actions and decisions have on the business.
- Follows up on commitments to progress work and takes appropriate action to meet challenges.
- Ability to record, manage and utilise data to provide meaningful information on which management of the Project and Suppliers can be rationally based.
- Communication and influencing – establishes communication channels, actively listens, clarifies, gives/seeks feedback, clear and concise, persuasive/negotiates with others
- Organisational skills – plans well in advance, manages own time, reviews progress against plan, encourages improvements
- Results orientation – satisfies internal/external customers, effective performance management, addresses cross functional issues and technical issues, knowledge of systems and processes
- Interpersonal skills – builds positive relationships, demonstrates emotionally stability, confident in own ability, approachable to all staff, shows respect and tolerance
- Values – lives and endorses the company values
If this is of interest to you or to anyone you know, please send me your updated CV along with your availability.